The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to our school! Join your child in shopping Sept. 13, 2018.
Sept 1 2018
You are invited to join your child and help him/her find the books he/she will enjoy reading Thursday, September 13, 2018, 6:00 - 7:30. This event will be held in conjunction with Thornwood Elementary Open House.
- Take a look at our booklist flyer to see a sample of the great titles that will be available. Many parents find it helpful to make a wish list ahead of time: scholastic.com/bookfairs/books
- Get a jump-start on shopping through our Online Book Fair*! Simply find our Fair to get started: scholastic.com/fair
- Check out our Classroom Wish List of books. These are titles that I’d like to add to our class library. Refreshing our classroom library regularly gives kids a reason to keep reading.
- Download the Book Fairs app to get the latest reading level information, book trailers, podcasts, and more. It’s the perfect shopping companion, and you can also use it to purchase books*: scholastic.com/bookfairs/app
Parent U: Supporting Success for Every Child (PreK-5)
Saturday, Oct. 20, 2018
9016-C Westview Dr.
Houston, TX 77055
Registration: 8:15 - 8:50 a.m.
Sessions: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.
Don’t miss our annual Parent U: Supporting Success for Every Child on Saturday, Oct. 20. It’s never too early to start planning for your child’s T-2-4 success! Learn how to support your student outside of the classroom to help them reach their full potential. During this half-day program, district and area experts will host classes on important topics for elementary parents, including:
- School Choice
- Family Access
- Parenting the Love and Logic Way
- Critical Thinking at Home
- Internet Safety
- Safety in Schools
- and many more!
What classes are available? Parent U offers more than 30 classes in English and Spanish.
Parent U is SBISD’s annual series of parent education courses designed to help you help your child succeed. For more information, contact SBISD Community Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 713.251.2284.
Families and mentors are a critical part of helping students make connections between what is learned at school and what they experience outside campus walls. We welcome and encourage parents, families, and mentors to partner with us!
The new Empowered & Equipped! site features resources to support conversations and activities at home, and in the community, with monthly lessons aligned to SBISD instruction. These lessons focus on the critical areas of Social-Emotional Learning (SEL)and building awareness of various career pathways as part of the Spring Branch T-2-4 Goal.
It’s hard to believe that it is almost time for the 2018-19 school year to begin, but it is just around the corner. We hope you have had an enjoyable summer with family and friends. Our educators and staff are looking forward to welcoming our students to school in August.
The first day of school is Thursday, August 16.
Whether you are new to Spring Branch ISD, or a returning student/family, we look forward to another inspiring year! Provided below is a link to our Back to School website.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact our school office.
Click here to visit our Back to School website.